Straight from students, an inside look at Colby's collaborative community.
The experience I've gained working on group projects has been invaluable, and it wouldn't be possible without my peers, professors, and the bottomless bowl of candy in Jim's [Jim Scott, associate professor of statistics] office.Ruthie Hawley '15
Ten years from now, when I think about my time at Colby I won't remember the struggles I had calculating odds ratios for my thesis or getting the data frame in my GIS map accurate. What I'll remember is the laughter late into the night with friends—my incredibly smart and capable academic colleagues. It's this type of campus culture that makes Colby so special.
- February 6The Story of Story TimeStory Time, Moth-style storytelling by students, fills Page Commons with eager ears.
- December 10Dinner at Prof's House Feeds Student-Faculty BondsGetting invited to professors' homes for dinner is a Colby tradition.
- December 8Five Favorite Off-the-Hill ActivitiesWaterville offers shops, restaurants—and organized activities for Colby students.
- November 26Faculty Liaisons Help Bridge Athletics and AcademicsProfessor Cathy Bevier, advisor to women's basketball players, connects the court and the classroom.
- November 19Demystifying the ThesisEnglish major Maggie Bower '15 and Professor Elisabeth Sagaser answer questions about the senior thesis.
- November 15What Matters? Connecting Professors and Students"What Matters to Me and Why" has students and professors telling stories and connecting on a personal level.
- November 11International Food Festival: More than Tasty TreatsTeams of students from countless countries cook up competition at International Food Fest.
- November 8Dinner with Strangers Provides Networking OpportunitiesAlumni, students, and professors expand their networks over dinner.
- November 5Aliens Invade Student UnionMore than 300 area kids took part in Colby's Halloween Extravaganza.
- November 1What Can I Do with a Math Degree?Five young alumni with math degrees from Colby provide answers.